We started 2019 with a little trepidation – our first year in service and we didn’t know what to expect. However, we are very pleased with how the year went, thanks to all our volunteers and donors! Here is a recap:
- Prom Dress Drive: With the average price of a prom dress at $231, 1 in 4 girls cannot financially afford to attend their prom. Our community effort to collect prom dresses, shoes and accessories resulted in nearly 200 dresses being collected. We were able to offer them for FREE for those students who otherwise would not have been able to take on this expense. 40 girls were able to attend their High School Prom because of this!
- New Building: In July, we signed a lease for a building that serves as our offices, storage, classroom, donation drop off and distribution center.
- Back-to-School Drive: 400 children attended and all were provided new backpacks with school supplies, dental kits, free haircuts and medical resources. 250 brand new tennis shoes were also given along with gently used shoes and clothing.
- Thanksgiving Meals: 146 children and 108 adults in 43 families were provided with everything they needed to prepare their Thanksgiving dinner.
- Winter Pop-Up Clothing Distribution: 56 children, along with their caregivers, in 23 families were supplied with winter clothing.
We are looking forward to what God has in store for 2020. We would love to have you on board. For ways in which you can support this ministry, click on the Get Involved tab.